    I've seen in free screenshots of Eclipse help where it has the XP look
    and feel, how can I set it. Thank you, and BTW, my OS is Windows XP
    Home :)
    Srikanth, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Srikanth

    IchBin Guest

    Srikanth wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to set Windows XP look and feel for my Eclipse IDE and I can't
    > find it in any of the menus of the IDE (may be I am not able to see).
    > I've seen in free screenshots of Eclipse help where it has the XP look
    > and feel, how can I set it. Thank you, and BTW, my OS is Windows XP
    > Home :)

    I found out that you can not set Eclipse like you can with a LAF for
    Java Swing app. That is passing the param when invoking Eclipse.

    I do not understand the problem. If your computer is XP and you have
    your display properties set to 'Windows XP' theme then Eclipse will
    display with that look. I can with my machine. I don't because I run
    with minimal graphics to help with overhead hence performance. I have an
    older PC.

    Talking about Eclipse IDE look you can build your own 'Presentation'
    skin for Eclipse. I have not done it. There are two plugins now out
    there now that I know about. You can find then with the links below.
    Maybe they could give you information on how to build your own plugin
    skins.

    This is how you set the appearance after installing either of the skin
    plugins mentioned or just change the current theme with one of the two
    themes that are already installed.

    - Select Window \ General \ Appearance
    - Select the Current Presentation dropdown list and select your
    presentation.

    The default Eclipse system has two presentations.. 'Default' or 'Eclipse
    2.1 Presentation Style'. After selecting one of these you can select a
    theme from the current theme dropdownlist.

    Once you install other skins you may have more items under the
    Appearance tree node that you can set.

    http://www.jroller.com/page/wmitsuda/?anchor=visual_eclipse_net
    http://andrei.gmxhome.de/skins/index.html

    --