How to use grid control in the asp page thru Visual interdev(Beginner)

Raghuraman

Hai !

I use the Grid control with the data environment and the recordset
control by dragging from the data env.

But if i run the page alone in the iexplorer it tells the error like
pm.script liabrary not found even though i open it in the scripting
libraries.

How to solve this

With thanks
Raghu

Chris Barber

Interdev runtime and design time controls depend on a specific library of
scripts being present. If you connect to a FP enabled website with Interdev
then it'll say '.... scripts do not appear to be installed - install them?'
or something to that effect. Saying 'Yes' will copy them to the site.

At present I can't find a relevant URL that will explain how to post-install
them but I presume that they can be copied from the Interdev program
directories somewhere.

It may be easiest to get Interdev to create a new site and then just copy
the relevant files out of that into the original.

Chris.

Hai !

I use the Grid control with the data environment and the recordset
control by dragging from the data env.

But if i run the page alone in the iexplorer it tells the error like
pm.script liabrary not found even though i open it in the scripting
libraries.

How to solve this

With thanks
Raghu

Chris Barber

Ahh - I meant to add that sentiment [don't use the design-time controls] to
my post but got distracted.

Chris.

There's a ScriptLibrary folder that you can copy verbatim to the root of the
website if it's not there. Look in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VIntDev98 folder.

As a beginner, I would recommend saving yourself a lot of future aggravation
and forget about DTCs ! Take the time now and learn how to code ASP
properly.

Chris Barber

I'd settle for a hotfix to stop the fatal error when retrieving latest files
from a W2K server when Interdev is on an XP machine. I can guarantee to see
this error every time and it kills / hangs Interdev. Very annoying.

Chris.

:
: I wish someone would have advised me years ago when I started ASP
: programming ! I learned the hard way...

I wonder if we can get a rebate for the parts that don't work and we're not
using? I saw a post in here a long time ago when trying to use it which
said similar to: "Don't use it. It doesn't work." re: the grid control.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Roland Hall

:
: I wish someone would have advised me years ago when I started ASP
: programming ! I learned the hard way...

I wonder if we can get a rebate for the parts that don't work and we're not
using? I saw a post in here a long time ago when trying to use it which
said similar to: "Don't use it. It doesn't work." re: the grid control.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Roland Hall

:
: I'd settle for a hotfix to stop the fatal error when retrieving latest
files
: from a W2K server when Interdev is on an XP machine. I can guarantee to
see
: this error every time and it kills / hangs Interdev. Very annoying.

Put me on that list also.

Chris Barber

Gotta find the list first of all - 's a bit like the search for the Holy
Grail or trying to find classic VB stuff in Google these days without
getting millions of .NET links.

:)

Chris.

: