How to use "Resource Editor" in wxPython ?

codemania

Disappointing me extremely, with the "generate python" function within
Resource Editor, I only get a segment of python code which load
xrc(xml format) file, rather than real python code in which I could
append my own code.

Does that mean RE(Resource Editor) is of little use?

I hope not, maybe the way I use it is wrong? Tell me please.

kyosohma

Disappointing me extremely, with the "generate python" function within
Resource Editor, I only get a segment of python code which load
xrc(xml format) file, rather than real python code in which I could
append my own code.

Does that mean RE(Resource Editor) is of little use?

I hope not, maybe the way I use it is wrong? Tell me please.

You can use the code generated with your wxPython code; but when using
XRCed, you need to do two-stage creation, which the generated code
mentions. It even provides a link: http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/TwoStageCreation

I thought this one was good reading too:
http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/UsingXmlResources

I like it depending on the complexity of the project. It can seriously
reduce GUI code clutter.

Mike