HTML Applet Code

RNS

Hello,

I assume there has ot ba a way to show an applet in multiple browsers
(i.e. Mozilla, Firefox, Internet Exploder) that uses swing classes.
Currently I am using a version directive which causes some browsers to
want to download java from sun. Some browsers still want to download
the "Plug-in" even if the same version of sun java is installed. If
someone could provide some more robust code that would be great. Here
is what I am using:
################
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TreeMenu Applet</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<!--"CONVERTED_APPLET"-->
<!-- HTML CONVERTER -->
<OBJECT
classid = "clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
codebase = "http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,4,0,0"
WIDTH = 200 HEIGHT = 500 >
<PARAM NAME = CODE VALUE = "TreeMenu.class" >
<PARAM NAME = "type" VALUE =
"application/x-java-applet;version=1.4">
<PARAM NAME = "scriptable" VALUE = "false">

<COMMENT>
<EMBED
type = "application/x-java-applet;version=1.4"
CODE = "TreeMenu.class"
WIDTH = 200
HEIGHT = 500
scriptable = false
pluginspage =
"http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/index.html#download">
<NOEMBED>

</NOEMBED>
</EMBED>
</COMMENT>
</OBJECT>
<!--
<APPLET CODE = "TreeMenu.class" WIDTH = 200 HEIGHT = 500>
</APPLET>
-->
<!--"END_CONVERTED_APPLET"-->
</BODY>