HTML-Kit & a WYSIWYG editor i.e. Dreamweaver

Teffy

Folks who use both HTML-Kit and a WYSIWYG editor such as Dreamweaver:
which tasks are done in which editor?

I have been using HTML-Kit to edit HTML for some time, and while I am
always learning new things about it, it feels comfortable. I
downloaded a trial version of Dreamweaver and am trying to figure out
how a lone amateur HTML coder such as myself might use Dreamweaver as
an auxiliary tool.

Thanks,
Teffy

Darth Ferret

I use the 3 buttons at the top left a lot to adjust my view. With them I can
switch between viewing the HTML, the page that I'm working on, or a split
screen view of both. In the split screen view when I click on a form object
the HTML view goes directly to the code for that object. The F12 key to view
your work in progress page in a browser and test any javascript functions
you've added is another nice toy.

Joe in Florida

Ross Mac

You could do like I did....buy or fanagle some templates. I had a mediocre
site up in 6 hours on Dreamweaver MX. Now I'm in my second week (another
amatuer!). I have no experience with web publishing or html though I have
written code for years. I don't have them yet, but have heard that
templates2go is quite a nice package....good luck with your site!....Ross

Sid Ismail

On 9 Nov 2003 10:29:13 -0800, (e-mail address removed) (Teffy) wrote:

: Folks who use both HTML-Kit and a WYSIWYG editor such as Dreamweaver:
: which tasks are done in which editor?

I use Dreamweaver only when doing tables, when I want to put a certain class
in a column - DW does it in a snap.
e.g. http://www.sabf.co.za/results/samasters.html

Sid