HTTP error 404 when calling ASP page.

Brian Rupert

I have 2 sites on my Windows Server 2003/ISA/IIS machine.
One of the sites works fine and has 'default.htm' for the
default document. The other site returns an 'HTTP error
404' and has a 'default.asp' for the default document.
Aside from that they appear to be configured the same.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Turn off 'show friendly http errors' in Tools / Internet Options / Advanced.
Or, view the page in Netscape / Firebird / Mozilla / Opera.

Brian Rupert

Aaron,
Thanks for your reply, however, I tried your suggestion
with no success.
More specifically, the error reads "File or directory not
found". However, I can clearly browse to it from Windows
Explorer.

Brian

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Thanks for your reply, however, I tried your suggestion
with no success.
More specifically, the error reads "File or directory not
found". However, I can clearly browse to it from Windows
Explorer.

Oh, ok. Are you typing "C:\path\file.asp" into your browser? Don't do
that! http://localhost/file.asp

If that's not the issue, you're going to have to provide more information
(unless you want random guesses).

Ray at

Do you have ASP enabled? I know that in IIS 6, you have to enable something
before any ASP pages will execute. As I have yet to experience IIS 6, I
cannot comment on where this setting is or what it may be called. But, this
comes up pretty often in m.p.inetserver.iis, I believe, so you may find a
PAQ in there with the answer.