    insted of connection error or somnthing like this error.
    Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem and what setting I need to
    change to allow the clients app to inoke this web method with large dataset?

    Darie Florin, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Did u know size or SOAP message? Size of your dataset is 1 mb, but size of
    soap message can be more 4096 Kb. For get soap message size create soap
    extension which save soap message to file (by override ProcessMessage
    method).

    "Darie Florin" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
    > I have a webservice under IIS6/Win2003 Server. When I try to invoke a

    method
    > that have a strong type dataset as parameter for update in database I
    > receive on the client the follwing error: Http error 413 request entity is
    > too large.
    > I mention that this dataset is very large (about 1 Mb) and if the

    client

    Kondratyev Denis, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Darie Florin

    Darie Florin Guest

    I don't know if this is the problem because I change
    httpRuntime->maxRequestLength to 128000 Kb only for test and the same error
    code is received on the clients.

    Darie Florin, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Can u test your solution in IIS 5.1? May be 6.0 come with new features or
    bugs?

    Kondratyev Denis, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Darie Florin

    Darie Florin Guest

    Yes, with IIS 5.1 it's working. But at the client we have IIS 6 with Win2003
    Server and I have this exception. Curriously, but the exception is not rised
    when I try to reproduce the same case on another IIS6/Win2003 Server
    machine.

    Darie Florin, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Try uninstall and install asp.net with aspnet_regiis.exe. One time i have
    problem with .net remoting hosted in IIS and reinstalation is help me.

    Kondratyev Denis, Jun 27, 2004
  7. Darie Florin

    Darie Florin Guest

    I have tried the following solutions but no one solves me:
    1. increese maxRequestLength in machine.config file.
    2. reinstall asp.net
    3. increese limit upload size in IIS -> cscript adsutil.vbs SET
    W3SVC/1/Root/Upload/UploadReadAheadSize 128000

    I don't understand why the the method it's work fine when the client is on
    the same machine with the server and IIS.

    Darie Florin, Jun 27, 2004
  8. :-( Well, can u make small test web service for send big dateset from
    Northwind db for instance? If it throw 413 error in this computer too - this
    computer have bug (reinstall iis or os or install service packs or dance
    around computer with voo doo drum ;-) ) If test service will be work good -
    something wrong with service.
    I cant think up something better :-(
    Try send message somebody from msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/

    Kondratyev Denis, Jun 27, 2004
  9. Darie Florin

    Darie Florin Guest

    Of course voodoo is a solution but the client is a bank and I don't
    think that they will accept this solution :)

    Darie Florin, Jun 27, 2004
  10. Darie Florin

    Martin Guest

    I have run into a similar problem, but with a twist - I recieve the same
    error only when I require a Client Certificate at the IIS level.

    When I choose to ignore client certs everything works great (even though
    clients still send them) for small as well as large datasets.

    I have also increased the max request to some huge amount, but it did not
    help.

    I should mention that I am sending the data in form of a DIME attachment.

    Any ideas?

    Martin, Jun 28, 2004
  11. Darie Florin

    Chris Guest

    Hi,
    Try reinstalling IIS. Also you can try removing the urlscan from iis and make a try.

    Thanks

    Chris, Jun 28, 2004
  12. Darie Florin

    mike ma Guest

    mike ma, Oct 5, 2004
  13. Martin...

    Hope you will read this one.

    Did you solve the problem because i am faceing the sam problem. Could u
    help me out if you did..

    Thanx in advance,

    Mike

    mike mo money, Oct 13, 2004