    What i am doing wrong ???
    Can someone help ?
    Thanks, Manfred
    Manfred Balik, Sep 8, 2004

  2. "Manfred Balik" <> writes:

    > I'm trying to use the i2c-core from opencores.org.
    > I made a project in Altera Quartus II and added the 3 files.
    > Compiling is no problem, but I have problems with the simulation. I'm doing:
    > 1) reseting the core
    > 2) write clock prescaler (Addr 0 and 1)
    > 3) enable core in control register (10000000 to Addr 2)
    > 4) write data for writing to slave to transmit register (Addr 3)
    > 5) start and write to command register (10010000 to Addr 4)
    > and nothing happens on the output-lines !!!???

    Absolutely nothing at all?
    > Reading the status register (Addr 4) shows 'Transfer in Progress' every
    > time!
    > What i am doing wrong ???

    Have you wired up the open-drain drivers and a pull-up resistor?

    Just my quick thoughts - post more detail for a more detailed answer -
    maybe post your testbench code?

    Cheers,
    Martin

    --

    TRW Conekt, Solihull, UK
    http://www.trw.com/conekt
    Martin Thompson, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Manfred Balik

    Phillip

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Simple I2C core

    Yes I know that opencores has a good FPGA core for free. For an I2C core that only requires on master though the following simplified core can save a lot in real estate:

    http://skytek.x10.mx/i2c/skytekcontact.htm

    Very low cost ($65.00) and no per use royalties
    Phillip, Feb 27, 2011