    I just want to know what is the most famous IDE in this community?

    Thanks,
    -raj

    Raj, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Raj

    David Segall Guest

    (Raj) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I just want to know what is the most famous IDE in this community?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-raj

    If we can equate fame with "receives the most publicity" then I
    suggest you first go to
    http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2003/liveupdate.cfm?BType=9
    which is a reader survey of IDE's and provides a guide to the most
    popular. Then do a Google search in this group of those listed. You
    can then tell us the most famous by giving us the weighted score of
    the number of times the IDE is mentioned in this group and their
    ranking as "most popular". You get to choose the weighting.

    David Segall, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Raj

    Tim Tyler Guest

    David Segall <> wrote:

    : If we can equate fame with "receives the most publicity" then I
    : suggest you first go to
    : http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2003/liveupdate.cfm?BType=9
    : which is a reader survey of IDE's and provides a guide to the most
    : popular.

    A brief synopsis:

    Borland JBuilder 3498
    Eclipse 2782
    IBM WebSphere Studio 1928
    IntelliJ IDEA 1775
    Oracle9i Jdeveloper 1223
    NetBeans IDE 971
    Advantage Plex 846
    AnyJ 4 359
    CodeGuide 263
    Sun ONE Studio 4 262

    JBuilder is still doing well.

    IBM's combined figures look good also - if there had been an
    "Eclipse or products based on it" category they would be well in the lead.
    --

    Tim Tyler, Jul 17, 2003