IDLE Problems - Subprocesses Under Windows

Fuzzyman

First of all a thanks to the guys at (e-mail address removed) who helped me get
this far - when all I had was email access from a PocketPC !

I had problems using IDLE for editing modules in my code..... the only
way I could find of forcing IDLE to re-import edited modules was to
exit my main program and reload it... (Short of adding the location of
my source code to the PYTHONPATH every time)....

I used the windows installer to install Python and IDLE... by default
it launches it with '-n' which starts IDLE *without* a subprocess....

I've edited it now and have *two* file associations - one to edit a
file *with* subrocess and one *without*.

This is because if I select 'edit with IDLE' it always opens a shell
window.... if it tries to open a *second* shell with a subprocess then
it hangs at that stage and I have to kill the process....

It obviously works fine if I remember to open the second file from
within IDLE. I looks like I can have several versions of IDLE without
subrocesses happily co-existing with one shell with a subprocess.

Is this a known limitation with IDLE under windoze in it's correct
incarnation ? - or is there something weird about my system (entirely
possible)....

Fuzzy