IE Web TreeView Control - Sorting?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Aaron Corcoran, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Dear Group,

    My coworker has been working on a project that uses the IE TreeView
    control to mimic an explorer window. Everything works close to plan
    except the way the control sorts the files. If you take the following
    filenames as an example, sorted the way Windows Explorer would handle
    them by name:

    1-1 Warforged
    1-2 Eberron is Wonderful
    1-10 Pierce Lives
    1-20 Go Vaddi Go
    Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three

    If you view these in the TreeView control, it sorts them
    alphabetically, returning the results:

    1-1 Warforged
    1-10 Pierce Lives
    1-2 Eberron is Wonderful
    1-20 Go Vaddi Go
    Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three

    Is there an easy way to handle an alphanumeric search, similar to that
    of Windows Explorer using the IE Web TreeView control? I do understand
    that the users could put leading zeros on all of their numbers to get
    the desired result; however, I'd like to alleviate that strain and
    aid my coworker in this task. I'm sure there is a parsing routine I
    could use as well, but again, this seems overly complex as though I
    might be missing something.

    Any assistance in the matter would be most helpful.

    Thanks,
    Aaron

    Aaron Corcoran, Jun 9, 2005