    p.c. with ie6 that the css page on w3.org doesn't work, the menu should
    stay on right side and not scroll and there are no dark gold ribbons on
    the menu. Is there a way to make ie happy and the rest of the world too?
    greywolf357, Jan 28, 2004

  2. greywolf357

    Steve Pugh Guest

    greywolf357 <> wrote:

    >I'm new to html, web design and this group, i use a sun ultra 60 with
    >netscape 7, and various versions of mozilla as well as opera and have
    >had no problems with any sites, but just noticed that on my kids windows
    >p.c. with ie6 that the css page on w3.org doesn't work, the menu should
    >stay on right side and not scroll and there are no dark gold ribbons on
    >the menu. Is there a way to make ie happy and the rest of the world too?

    IE doesn't support position: fixed and hence the menu will scroll with
    the page. If used carefully, as in this example, this causes no harm.

    Some of the other styles are also not supported by IE (such as the
    generated content).

    However, I would have thought that more of the desired presentation
    could have been made to work in IE.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jan 28, 2004