    when I go with xp, but when I go with Windows7 my ie8 that whork good on xp
    don't play sound anymore. it's a sound .wav, the background music .mid work
    but (playsound,javasripts) don't play.
    cecile, May 24, 2010

  2. cecile

    Evertjan. Guest

    cecile wrote on 24 mei 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > this a site with a javasripts game, all browsers and all versions work
    > well when I go with xp, but when I go with Windows7 my ie8 that whork
    > good on xp don't play sound anymore. it's a sound .wav, the background
    > music .mid work but (playsound,javasripts) don't play.

    "javasripts"?

    'Javascript script' != 'Javascript script',
    as long as you do not show the relevant part.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., May 24, 2010

  3. cecile

    David Mark Guest

    cecile wrote:
    > this a site with a javasripts game, all browsers and all versions work well
    > when I go with xp, but when I go with Windows7

    What site?

    > my ie8 that whork good on xp
    > don't play sound anymore.

    That is a shame.

    > it's a sound .wav, the background music .mid work
    > but (playsound,javasripts) don't play.

    Well, if you post a link; I'll look at it. In the meantime, try this
    document:-

    http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-examples.html

    ....as it plays WAV and MIDI sounds in IE5-8 (and other odd assortments
    like AOL IE for the Mac circa 2001) and the rest of the desktop browsers
    (providing there is adequate plug-in support) on every platform I've
    ever tested, including VMWare on a Mac. Most of the time it is a pretty
    trivial operation as virtually of the those browsers lack plug-in
    support (exception would be the Mac AOL thing) and the fallback is to
    append a BGSOUND in the HEAD.

    Without seeing this "game", I don't know if it is trying to do. Another
    popular alternative for cross-browser audio is to use Flash. No telling
    what might be going wrong with that strategy. But I do have
    cross-browser tests for that too (see the Build Test link).
    David Mark, May 24, 2010