II6 on Server2003 asp 0134 problem

Björn Karlsson

I just started a new 2003 with II6 and can't get .asp
documents to function. I have enabled asp support. I
copied the web tree from a working IIS NT/4 server. The
following error message is logged in the IIS log:

2003-08-28 09:52:41 10.0.0.107 GET /dplogon.asp
|1|ASP_0134|Invalid_ProgID_attribute 80 - 10.0.0.107
Mozilla/4.0+
(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)
500 0 0

I have changed the home folder to my own. If I set it
back to the default: \InetPub\wwwroot and copy the .asp
file into hat folder, then I don't get the problem.
I have chacked all possible access restrictions and even
propagated the \InetPub\wwwroot security parameters to my
own home "root" folder. Non .asp files works fine.

MSFT

Hello,

Regarding the issue, what is the error message when you browse the ASP page
in IE? Additionaly, did HTML or ASPX work in your own home folder?

Luke
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Björn Karlsson

The browser error message is: 500 Internal server error
HTML worked fine. Never tried ASPX. Also a Frontpage
generated "sub-web" worked fine.
Since this is a new development server I can reinstall
and remove software whenerver I want. So, I have done a
number of Avtivations and deactivations of the entire
Application server rule. I've used IE6 browser both from
the same server and from the network.

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan

Hi:

If you uncheck the checkbox besides the Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages, and browse to the required folder, Internet Explorer will display a detailed error message as-is that is received by it from the Web Server.

Please post that error message, which would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

Did this help you?

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan

The browser error message is: 500 Internal server error
HTML worked fine. Never tried ASPX. Also a Frontpage
generated "sub-web" worked fine.
Since this is a new development server I can reinstall
and remove software whenerver I want. So, I have done a
number of Avtivations and deactivations of the entire
Application server rule. I've used IE6 browser both from
the same server and from the network.

Björn Karlsson

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0134'
Invalid ProgID attribute
/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/global.asa, line 1
The object has an invalid ProgID of 'MSWC.MyInfo'.

The file global.asa was copied from the original NT 4
server. I have no idea what it is used for in our server
and if it is needed for some reason.
I removed the global.asa file and everything started to
work. Will try to figure out why this 1-line file existed
at all.

Thank's
Björn

MSFT

Based on my experience, this line may be added by PWS running on the
Windows NT server. You don't need this line on a Windows 2003 server. You
can just remove it from your global.asa.

Luke
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

web post

i need info on iis log files,are there any lines of code that appeasre before the date field

Chris Barber

Have you looked? They are well documented.
If you need better logging then either use the extended format or log to a
database?
I'm currently logging to SQL Server and it's been giving me everything I
need for months now.

Chris.

i need info on iis log files,are there any lines of code that appeasre
before the date field

Jeff Cochran

i need info on iis log files,are there any lines of code that appeasre before the date field

Not an ASP question, try the IIS newsgroup. You'll also need to let
them know which logging format you're using.

Jeff