IIS 6.0 Seperate Pools! How to go about doing it in Windows XP?

gopchandani

I have an application developed using Visual Studio 2005, I precompiled
and deployed it on the server but I am getting errors for assemblies'
compilation. There is a solution available all over that using IIS 6.0
and seperate pools for different applications running on different
frameworks can solve the issue but I have this only single application.
However, I must bring to your notice that I had converted my
applciation from VS 2003 to VS2005 long time back and developed it
completely. It is running fine in debug mode but in deployment it is
causing this problem. Any ideas on what is causing problem because this
is the single application deployed on my machine at the moment.

Regards,
Rakesh.

Guest

It's a bit dificult to help you diagnose the problem because you don't really
say what the problem is, other than your site doesn't work when you deploy
it. Some error messages might help.

gopchandani

Thanks clickon for your considerate reply. The real problem was with
the scenario I was facing after deployment. The error messages are
random but most of the times they are about the dll files which are
there in the application/bin folder but it is not picking them up and
asking for compiling it...

Well, I figured out the solution myself. Actually I had upgraded from
VS2003 which involves ASP. Net 1.1 and that service was attached to my
IIS engine even when I installed VS2005 and ASP.Net 2.0. During my
development phase, I never faced any problems on it but on deployment
it created those issues I have mentioned.

So, I just went in, and started the .Net Framework's 2.0 service on IIS
using "aspnet_regiis" from command prompt in v2.0.50272 folder of
Framework folder in Microsoft.Net folder of Windows!

Anyway, Thanks again.

Regards,

Rakesh.