IIS and ASP

Woody

Windows 2k, sp4, IE5, front page 2003. Im trying to setup IIS and PWs
so that i can publish to myself inetpub/wwwroot so i can test my own
apps before taking them online. So far i keep getting error that im not
allowed to publish a disk based page to that location as its not disk
based...

any and all idea woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Woody
any sugestion or comment made by me should be examined first for
validity and appropriateness before assuming i have any idea at all
what the heck i am talking about. I am not responsible for anything you
may see with my name attached to it, i think.

Jeff Cochran

Windows 2k, sp4, IE5, front page 2003. Im trying to setup IIS and PWs
so that i can publish to myself inetpub/wwwroot so i can test my own
apps before taking them online. So far i keep getting error that im not
allowed to publish a disk based page to that location as its not disk
based...

That's a FrontPage issue, so a FrontPage group should be able to
provide better help. Except I'm not sure you want a disk-based web
anyway, you would wnat to install IIS and FrontPage Extensions, then
publish to a site, not disk-based. Disk-based works for many things
but doesn't replicate an online location very well.

Jeff

Woody

Yes, Im not wanting a disk based web site. Its just the front page
doesnt seem to see my my setup.

Ok ill look for a frontpage group, I was wondering if it may be a bad
setup in IIS and PWS though.

Thanx