ImageProcessing Group

Rajesh.Rapaka

Hi all,

A new group solely for ImageProcessing is started. I welcome all of you
who are interested in ImageProcessing to join the group immediately.

search the google groups with "Imageprocessing Group". and ull get the
group.
Dont miss any activity.

regards

Rajesh Rapaka.

bugbear

Rajesh.Rapaka said:
Hi all,

A new group solely for ImageProcessing is started. I welcome all of you
who are interested in ImageProcessing to join the group immediately.

search the google groups with "Imageprocessing Group". and ull get the
group.
Dont miss any activity.

What purpose will this "new" group serve that hasn't
been served by sci.image.processing since 1993 ?

BugBear

Thomas Weidenfeller

bugbear said:
What purpose will this "new" group serve that hasn't
been served by sci.image.processing since 1993 ?

He is just another victim of the new Google Groups Beta. The main page
has an apparently unresistable "Create new groups" link. Which of course
only creates a local google-group's forum, and not a Usenet group at all.

The GUI "conveniently" hides the fact that google-groups carries Usenet
groups which are not owned by and are not under the control of Google at
all. Of course Google doesn't explain the different, doesn't provide
some introduction to Usenet groups and also no longer cares about abuse
in Usenet groups :-(

/Thomas

Thomas G. Marshall

Thomas Weidenfeller coughed up:
He is just another victim of the new Google Groups Beta. The main page
has an apparently unresistable "Create new groups" link. Which of
course only creates a local google-group's forum, and not a Usenet
group at all.
The GUI "conveniently" hides the fact that google-groups carries
Usenet groups which are not owned by and are not under the control of
Google at all. Of course Google doesn't explain the different,
doesn't provide some introduction to Usenet groups and also no longer
cares about abuse in Usenet groups :-(

/Thomas

Yep. They're annoying as hell. Actually, I recently posted a question in
comp.programming, asking how the heck can I get that stupid beta groups
thing to find /only/ usenet groups and not return the brain dead crap.
There is no way other than to use groups.google.co.uk, which came as a
suggestion. It works as the old interface.

Furthermore I just cannot stand it when people try to fragment groups
unnecessarily. It is just ridiculous. I also wish I could remove ng's like
comp.lang.java from verizon and other big servers, because it was retired
from the published big-8 newsgroup lists a /while/ ago, yet people will
still post to it, which depletes the population from c.l.j.programmer.

--
I've seen this a few times--Don't make this mistake:

Dwight: "This thing is wildly available."
Smedly: "Did you mean wildly, or /widely/ ?"
Dwight: "Both!", said while nodding emphatically.

Dwight was exposed to have made a grammatical
error and tries to cover it up by thinking
fast. This is so painfully obvious that he
only succeeds in looking worse.

bugbear

Thomas said:
He is just another victim of the new Google Groups Beta. The main page
has an apparently unresistable "Create new groups" link. Which of course
only creates a local google-group's forum, and not a Usenet group at all.

I though the (effective) demise of Yahoo's groups had ended
that debacle.

Sadly not.

BugBear

Thomas G. Marshall

bugbear coughed up:
I though the (effective) demise of Yahoo's groups had ended
that debacle.

Sadly not.

BugBear

No. For all the things that google had done /right/ in the past concerning
groups, they have essentially wiped it clean with this @#$%ing stupid
interface. They have really got to rethink things.

I'm worried that they might be getting swayed by positive feedback from the
yokels that want their own groups.

Rajesh.Rapaka

hi,
I somehow couldnt find the sci.'s image processors group. So i've
created a group in the google's group which i wholly owned by google.
And with the great efforts google is putting in various sectors, i
believe we can have the best of the technologies upgrade etc etc.

Well it is all upto you. I respect you decision if u dont join the
group also.

good luck
regards,
Rajesh Rapaka.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Rajesh.Rapaka said:
I somehow couldnt find the sci.'s image processors group. So i've
created a group in the google's group which i wholly owned by google.

Google groups mixes googles private web-based local groups with public
Usenet groups. Non of the Usenet groups which you find on Google groups
is in whole or part owned by Google. In fact, Usenet groups are owend by
no one at all. Google doesn't point out that fact for some reason, but
google's neglectance doesn't change the fact.
And with the great efforts google is putting in various sectors, i
believe we can have the best of the technologies upgrade etc etc.

Google hasen't invented Usenet groups at all. There where thousands of
news servers before Google had their first computer running, not talking
about Google groups. The technology is even older than the web.

Google is significantly messing up Usenet groups, e.g. by providing a
web interface which is error prone and results in duplicate posts.
Google also has given up on proper new Usenet user education and abuse
handling. Every news server operator is supposed to do this, but Google
is not a well behaving net citizen when it comes to Usenet groups.

Google has past merits when it comes to Usenet. The took over the Usenet
archive of deja/deja news, made it available again and they continue the
archiving until today. However, this doesn't excuse their current behavior.

/Thomas

Rajesh.Rapaka

Well I dont find u completely wrong. But I can see you are completely
one sided. I believe google is getting the usenet groups more into
light than ever before. Well the rest is left to the usenet users and
the organisers to frame rules not to join google etc. for which you
should be talking to ur new group chiefs.

ok .. good luck with ur job.

regards,
Rajesh Rapaka.

Thomas G. Marshall

Rajesh.Rapaka coughed up:
Well I dont find u completely wrong. But I can see you are completely
one sided. I believe google is getting the usenet groups more into
light than ever before. Well the rest is left to the usenet users and
the organisers to frame rules not to join google etc. for which you
should be talking to ur new group chiefs.

ok .. good luck with ur job.

regards,
Rajesh Rapaka.

What on earth are you talking about? His response is not one sided at all.
He established the merits, and pointed out to you the problems.

The issue here is that *you* want to create a group, regardless as to
whether or not one or more already exists. *You* want one that *you* made.
This by itself is an almost understandable issue, many people want to create
something of their own, but don't pretend that it isn't the reason for you
doing this.

And keep in mind---you'll not find many usenet people there. Most of the
folks I've spoken to on usenet are irritated that google groups allows
personal groups to even exists to /any/ degree. Usenet has too many groups
now as it is, and it continually fragments, even though there are rules as
to how one is created: it requires a vote. Google doesn't have any such
forethought.

Do a search for "image processing" (notice the space) and there are quite a
few groups already out there. And in this case, as well as in general, only
usenet matters.

Rajesh.Rapaka

Excuse me but what the heck is bugging you ??? If you dont wanna join
the group just mind you work. what do thing u r doing here ??

Fine i find google good. u dont find it. fine not everyone accepts
Darwin !!

So keep somethings * SHUT * and good luck with u job.

Rajesh.Rapaka

I dont kind of understand what is the loss of making a new group ???
huh?? y do u think every one would like to join the Usenet groups??? i
dont want to may be..

after all what heck is bugging u fellows. do hell with ur usenet groups
and yourselves. Should i ask you or what to start a group.

Yes i didnt find YOUR wonderful soooo called image processing group. so
i opened one with an intention to group all those who is waiting for
such group.

huh whom am i explain to...

Alex Buell

I dont kind of understand what is the loss of making a new group ???
huh?? y do u think every one would like to join the Usenet groups??? i
dont want to may be..

after all what heck is bugging u fellows. do hell with ur usenet groups
and yourselves. Should i ask you or what to start a group.

Yes i didnt find YOUR wonderful soooo called image processing group. so
i opened one with an intention to group all those who is waiting for
such group.

huh whom am i explain to...

Rajesh, meet my killfile.
Killfile, meet Rajesh.