    - I should be able to update or add records

    thx 4 advice

    Nic

    nicholas, Aug 16, 2005

  2. nicholas

    Clint Hill Guest

    Heres an idea:

    Set up a folder that both the web app and SQL server can get to.
    Do a simple file upload from the web app
    Set up a DTS package to periodically check the folder to do an import
    -or-
    Set up a DTS package that will do the import and call it from a Stored
    Proc after the web app does the upload

    Clint Hill
    H3O Software
    http://www.h3osoftware.com

    Clint Hill, Aug 16, 2005

  3. You can use Excel as an ADO.NET data source:
    http://www.dotnetspider.com/technology/kbpages/1080.aspx

    Here are some other articles that may help as well:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

    --