    these web pages can be saved in an independent place from where they
    can be reached from all browsers at all the computers.

    Thanks for information

    Fulio Open, Dec 26, 2010

  2. Fulio Open

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <

    Fulio Open <> wrote:

    > I use several computers and use different browsers on each computer:
    > IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. Now I save my favorite pages on
    > different browsers of the computers separately, but wonder whether all
    > these web pages can be saved in an independent place from where they
    > can be reached from all browsers at all the computers.

    Bookmark them in all the browsers you want. Keep the URL in a
    clipping on your desktops or wherever you find handy and drag
    them over any browser you have open. Put the clipping on USB
    stick and carry the stick around. Train a constant companion, a
    parrot or dog to speak or fetch a bit of paper with the url on.
    Tattoo (you can get wash off ones) the url on your hand.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 26, 2010

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fulio Open <>
    writing in news:cae2b04d-4888-42fc-a4ad-2ef0ba02cbd4@
    32g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I use several computers and use different browsers on each computer:
    > IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. Now I save my favorite pages on
    > different browsers of the computers separately, but wonder whether all
    > these web pages can be saved in an independent place from where they
    > can be reached from all browsers at all the computers.
    >
    > Thanks for information

    Opera has Opera Link [http://www.opera.com/link/]. It's available via
    http from any computer and any browser.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 26, 2010
  4. Fulio Open

    Joy Beeson Guest

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 02:05:04 -0500, Sherm Pendley
    <> wrote:

    > That was, in fact, the original notion of a "home page." Each user would
    > have a page that they created themselves, with links to their favorite
    > sites. Bookmarks that are tied to a particular browser came later, when
    > Netscape & Microsoft were trying to find ways to make it more difficult
    > for their users to switch to a different browser.

    Thanks! I've been wondering what "home page" was for ever since I got
    Web access.

    It was a serious nuisance until I learned that one can set the home
    page to "about:blank".

    I've been re-inventing it: copying some of my favorite links onto a
    page of my website so that I can use them from a borrowed computer.

    --
    Joy Beeson
    joy beeson at comcast dot net

    Joy Beeson, Dec 27, 2010