Index Server 2.0 wildcard query

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by greg.kujawa@gmail.com, Sep 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am passing along an Index Server 2.0 query though URL strings calling
    the ASP. I am searching for records by a person's last name and their
    phone number. Something like:

    http://myserver/query.asp?ciRestriction="lastname"%20and%20"555-1212"

    Here is the chunk of code that processes the query request:

    ciRestriction = Request.QueryString("ciRestriction")
    Set oQuery = Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query")
    oQuery.Catalog = "search_catalog"
    oQuery.Columns="filename,directory,size,characterization,rank,vpath,hitcount,path,DocTitle,write"
    oQuery.Query = "@all " & ciRestriction & ""
    oQuery.SortBy="rank[d]"

    The problem is that the query string must be an exact match and I can't
    get it to process wildcards. For example if the ciRestriction query
    string is looking for someone's last name and the last 4 digits of
    their phone number. Something like "name" and "*1212" or "name" and
    "???-1212" Neither of these query strings match anything.

    I read somewhere about using a Dialect=1 property to facilitate
    wildcards. But this returned an ASP error code, so this property must
    be for a higher revision of Index Server than my 2.0 version.

    Any ideas on how I can accomplish what I am looking to do?

    , Sep 11, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I am passing along an Index Server 2.0 query though URL strings

    <snip>

    > Any ideas on how I can accomplish what I am looking to do?

    Nope. Do any of these links help?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...LC:en&q=wildcard query "Index server"&spell=1

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET