Inherited Page Won't Fire Postback Events

James Hancock

I have a page, which is inherited from another page (PageEx is what I call
it) All of our pages are based on PageEx because there is a bunch of logic
stuff we do in there. My problem is, that if I have a page that is
inherited from PageEx, the post back events don't get called on the page.
If I put back the page to inherit from UI.Page everything is fine except we
don't have database settings etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
James Hancock

Guest

Make sure that your PageEx overrides PageLoad and calls the base logic (in addition to whatever else you want to do), e.g. (vb syntax

Protected Overrides Sub onload(ByVal e As EventArgs
MyBase.OnLoad(e
End Su

I think that will do it

Bil

----- James Hancock wrote: ----

I have a page, which is inherited from another page (PageEx is what I call
it) All of our pages are based on PageEx because there is a bunch of logic
stuff we do in there. My problem is, that if I have a page that is
inherited from PageEx, the post back events don't get called on the page.
If I put back the page to inherit from UI.Page everything is fine except we
don't have database settings etc

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks
James Hancock

James Hancock

Tried that. Still doesn't work.... no events firing.

(I was using On_Init in PageEx for my stuff)

James Hancock

More info:

In the PageEx it sets the .text of a few controls (not the ones that have
the events on them) based on language stuff.

If I comment out this code, no problem and everything fires. However if I
don't, no go.

Changing the text of a control shouldn't matter should it!?

James Hancock

Guest

James, I've been out of touch for a couple days...sorry for the delayed response. Did you get this figured out? Else, please reply with the bare bones version of PageEx and the subclassed page that fails, and I'll try it out

Bil