Install ruby on linux cluster from shared disk -- can I just "make install" on next server?

bradjpeek

I'm having second thoughts on the approach I've started down for
installing ruby on some Linux servers and would appreciate some
input...

I have two small clusters of identical Linux servers, each cluster
shares a file system named /scratch.

I have downloaded and extracted the ruby tar file to /scratch :

[root@s8270a17 ruby-1.8.5-p2]# pwd
/scratch/ruby-1.8.5-p2

I installed ruby as usual on the first node (s8270a17) in the cluster.
The question I have is "Can I just go to the next server in the
cluster and do "make install", or do I need to start back at the
../configure ?".

And along the same line, if I do start back at the ./configure will the
fact that it has already been run on a "different" server screw
anything up?