Install ruby on linux cluster from shared disk -- can I just "make install" on next server?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by bradjpeek, Dec 20, 2006.

  1. bradjpeek

    bradjpeek Guest

    I'm having second thoughts on the approach I've started down for
    installing ruby on some Linux servers and would appreciate some
    input...

    I have two small clusters of identical Linux servers, each cluster
    shares a file system named /scratch.

    I have downloaded and extracted the ruby tar file to /scratch :

    [root@s8270a17 ruby-1.8.5-p2]# pwd
    /scratch/ruby-1.8.5-p2

    I installed ruby as usual on the first node (s8270a17) in the cluster.
    The question I have is "Can I just go to the next server in the
    cluster and do "make install", or do I need to start back at the
    ../configure ?".

    And along the same line, if I do start back at the ./configure will the
    fact that it has already been run on a "different" server screw
    anything up?

    bradjpeek, Dec 20, 2006