Installing a Windows Printer

I would like to create a script for Windows 2000 that will create a
Standard TCP/IP printer port and install a printer (I have the
applicable printer drivers needed for the install on a network share).
My plan is to use py2exe and distribute (also via network share) the
script so that administrators, or even users, can easily install the
printer. Is this possible? If so, I would appreciate it if someone
could steer me in the right direction in terms of how to begin (i.e.
libraries needed, sample code). Thanks!