installing Tix

Discussion in 'Python' started by Hank, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Hank

    Hank Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to install Tix and I thought the best way to do that is
    thru IDEStudio.

    Windows XP, python 2.3

    At the end of the installation, it lets me install Tix into python. I
    made sure the paths are right and it tells me to run the demos. This
    generated a microsoft error (asked me to send error report).

    On the command line, if I tried to run the following:
    >>>import Tix
    >>>root = Tix.Tk()

    it complains about an invalid command name "lt}]}" in pkgIndex.tcl

    so i removed the following lines from that file.
    ----------
    lt}]} {
    set tail [file join [pwd] $tail]
    break

    cd $pwd
    package ifneeded Tix 8.1 [list load $tail Tix]
    unset dirs pwd elt tail
    -----------

    It still complains that it can't find tix8183.dll library saying its
    either an dependent library or its not found in the library path.

    does it work with python 2.3? recompile the source files (means i have
    to install a compiler)?

    thanks

    Hank, Aug 19, 2003

  2. On 19 Aug 2003 12:24:20 -0700, rumours say that
    (Hank) might have written:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to install Tix and I thought the best way to do that is
    >thru IDEStudio.

    Check this post:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=-berlin.de

    This one worked for me (on Windows). I believe I just put the
    tix8184.dll in the DLLs folder and the tix8.1 subfolder inside the tcl
    subfolder.
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Aug 23, 2003