installing Tix

Hank

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tix and I thought the best way to do that is
thru IDEStudio.

Windows XP, python 2.3

At the end of the installation, it lets me install Tix into python. I
made sure the paths are right and it tells me to run the demos. This
generated a microsoft error (asked me to send error report).

it complains about an invalid command name "lt}]}" in pkgIndex.tcl

so i removed the following lines from that file.
----------
lt}]} {
set tail [file join [pwd] $tail]
break

cd $pwd
package ifneeded Tix 8.1 [list load $tail Tix]
unset dirs pwd elt tail

It still complains that it can't find tix8183.dll library saying its
either an dependent library or its not found in the library path.

does it work with python 2.3? recompile the source files (means i have
to install a compiler)?

thanks