instant download question

blackace

I'm creating a small ebusiness and I'm selling downloadable media -
how do you set up an instant download process if you're using Paypal?
In other words, how do you set it up to trigger an instant download of
the media once they complete the purchase online? whether they're sent
a link to download the media, whatever... I've seen tutorials
explaining how to do this but I'm only familiar with HTML. Post
whatever information you have, who knows I might understand it.

brucie

I'm creating a small ebusiness and I'm selling downloadable media -
how do you set up an instant download process if you're using Paypal?

ask paypal
In other words, how do you set it up to trigger an instant download of
the media once they complete the purchase online? whether they're sent
a link to download the media, whatever...

after paypal does its thing doesn't it redirect back to a URL on your
site? make that url the media they just paid for and see what happens,
not a very nice solution though.

redirect to a download page with the link and their purchase details
so they can print it if they want to and also email them their
purchase details with a direct link to the download. use a bit of
scripting and database for unique URLs so they can only access the
download a few times before it dies.

Toby A Inkster

blackace said:
I've seen tutorials
explaining how to do this but I'm only familiar with HTML. Post
whatever information you have, who knows I might understand it.

The answer is the same as when you asked yesterday -- you *need* to do
server-side scripting -- otherwise, people can just go to the URL and
download without paying.

blackace

Toby A Inkster said:
The answer is the same as when you asked yesterday -- you *need* to do
server-side scripting -- otherwise, people can just go to the URL and
download without paying.

I don't know server-side scripting, that's what was meant by "I'm only
familiar with HTML." I did find a site that offers a "solution" to
this. Check it out and let me know if it'll work.
http://www.qualitybooksonline.com/redirectpro.htm