Interactive browser/IDE for Ruby

Mark Ericson

------=_Part_12475_14209752.1133812561524

I'm sure this has been asked before on this list... I was wondering if
there are any Smalltalk-like IDE/Browser environments in the works for Ruby=
?

Certainly there are differences between an image-based environment like
Smalltalk, and more of a scripting language like Ruby. But I certainly
would love to have the ability to easily browse the source of all the Ruby
libraries and other add-ons in an environment like a Smalltalk browser.

Thanks,

<Mark/>

------=_Part_12475_14209752.1133812561524--

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_36833_9473392.1133815999899

Actually, I'd love to see something like IRB that would let you play like
IRB does ( since you'd have live autocompletion ) .... and let you then sav=
out the living environment ( code and all ) ... so that the env could be
re-instated whenever/whereever.

that would be a beautiful thing.

it would be interesting to store out all of that stuff ...

... that would be a cool project.

j.

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_36833_9473392.1133815999899--

spooq

This isnt going to be practical until we have ruby-in-ruby. Lots of
cool ideas are waiting for that to arrive.