Intermittent Unable to validate data error

Ian

Hey all:

I have an ASP.NET application that, for the most part runs fine.
However, checkign over the logs I've noticed that every once in a while
(like maybe once a day or so) our users are causing an unhandled
"Unable to validate data." exception. I'm reasonably sure that these
folks aren't (intentionally) mucking with the viewstate hidden form
element, and it's not reproduceable (well, *I* haven't been able to
reproduce it.) This isn't a web farm, so there's no issue with varying
machine keys. I'm baffled. It's not a huge deal, but it's rather
annoying.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Ian

S. Justin Gengo

Check the logs to see if it's the same browers/version that creates the
error each time? Maybe it's something to do with an older browser not
handling some script the same way...

I know that the unhandled exception my be more of something to do with
server side code, but I would start by eliminating the client side
possibility.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP