International character dissapears from FORM

royend

Hi.
I am having problems sending values from a simple FORM to a database.
All is written in ASP, and I am doing some validations before it is
actually saved in my database.

It worked for several years, but now it won't accept international
characters. This means that the Norwegian word for boat "BÅT" ends up
like "BT" since the "Å" isn't sent.

I have done several testings, and it actually looks like the error
occurs immidiately after I hit the submit-button.

Does anybody know why this problem has occured?
Looking forward to your answers.
royend...

Jukka K. Korpela

I am having problems sending values from a simple FORM to a database.

We all do. Use UTF-8, Luke, but make sure your form handler can actually
process UTF-8 encoded data.
It worked for several years, but now it won't accept international
characters.

Quite mysterious, isn't it? You surely have much more details about the
issue than we do, so the odds of getting help without telling more are
minuscule.
This means that the Norwegian word for boat "BÅT" ends up
like "BT" since the "Å" isn't sent.

Actually, "Å" is a rather _national_ character, used in a few languages
only. Sorry, this is just my usual ranting about the misguided term
"international" when it means "national" (or "other than English").