International characters

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Luke, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. Luke

    Luke Guest

    Hi everyone!

    I am just staring to work with ASP...
    I have a problem with German and Slavic characters.

    On first ASP page there is a FORM that user must fill - personal data
    & stuff, where users use special language related characters (like
    Č, š, Ž...). When I post the form results to another ASP page
    that collects the data with Request.form("field"), special characters
    usually (90%) disappear, change into boxes or some other characters.
    This page should then write the results to a DB or send it via email,
    but since the characters are not encoded properly I did not write the
    script yet.

    I tried to set Codepage and charset, but it does not solve the
    problem.

    I can't seem to find a solution on the web since I am not sure what to
    look for.

    Anyone has a solution to that problem, please?

    BEst regards,
    Luka - Skvrl
    Luke, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Luke

    Evertjan. Guest

    Luke wrote on 16 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > I have a problem with German and Slavic characters.

    I would prefer to call them "national characters",
    even if that is not quite correct too.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.