internationalization problem continues.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Francois Malgreve, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. I am using .txt resources files to put my translation.
    I am not using the resx files because the people that will translate the
    fields are very non technical and an XML file would overwhelm them.

    Anyway I create my txt files, with things like
    txtSearch=search
    txtUndo=undo

    I set their property as being embedded resources which makes that they are
    compiled in satelite assemblies.

    Nevertheless when I run my application it does not work and ASP.NET
    complains syaing something like :
    "Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the
    neutral culture) in the given assembly. Make sure "mytext.resources" was
    correctly embedded or linked into assembly InternationalDemo.resources".

    A solution I found is to run manually resgen.exe on each of my .txt files.
    It will generated .resources files that I include in my solution. those
    ..resources files will also generate satellite assemblies but this time when
    I run the application it works.

    Then my questions is: Is there anyone who knows why the heck the satellites
    assemblies generated from the .txt files do no work but the one from the
    ..resrouces files do?

    Best regards and thanks in advance for any answers.

    Francois
    Francois Malgreve, Dec 29, 2003