invalid mail address gives error in CDO mail

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by newbie, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. newbie

    newbie Guest

    Hi all ,

    I'm using CDO from my vb component to fire email. The problem is
    whenever one of the email addresses in to, or cc is wrong then none of
    the mails are fired even to the correct addresses. It gives an error
    like

    The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server
    response was: 550 Relaying denied for <>

    My code goes like this. Why is the mail server trying to look for the
    validation of email ids??I want that atleast the mail should be fired
    to the correct email addresses rather than no email fire. Can i
    achieve that

    Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
    Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration

    With iConf
    .Fields.Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    .Fields.Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 10 ' quick timeout
    .Fields.Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
    .Fields.Item(cdoSendUserName) = "username"
    .Fields.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "password"
    .Fields.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
    .Fields.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
    .Fields.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True
    .Fields.Update
    End With

    Set iMsg.Configuration = iConf
    With iMsg
    .To = strToEmail
    .From = strFromEmail
    .CC = strCCEmail
    .BCC = strBCCEmail
    .Subject = strMailSubject
    If strMailFormat = "TEXT" Then
    .TextBody = strMailBody
    Else
    .HTMLBody = strMailBody
    End If
    If strAttachment <> "" Then
    .AddAttachment strAttachment
    End If
    If intPriority = 2 Then
    .Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:X-Priority") =
    cdoHigh
    .Fields.Update
    End If

    .Send
    End With

    newbie, Feb 19, 2004

  2. newbie

    Don Verhagen Guest

    "newbie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all ,
    >
    > I'm using CDO from my vb component to fire email. The problem is
    > whenever one of the email addresses in to, or cc is wrong then none of
    > the mails are fired even to the correct addresses. It gives an error
    > like
    >
    > The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server
    > response was: 550 Relaying denied for <>

    When a relaying "violation" occurs it's rejects the *entire* email. That
    error does not mean an email address in invalid, it's has to do with the
    "sender" and it's domain. It's not your ASP script/component.

    Check you SMTP settings. For a test, allow relaying. You didn't say what
    platform your SMTP server was on.

    Don Verhagen
    Tandem Staffing Solutions, Inc.

    Don Verhagen, Feb 19, 2004

  3. newbie

    newbie Guest

    I have checked the smtp server relay setting. It does not have any any
    name in the list to "select which computer should relay thru this
    server"

    If all my email ids are correct there is no problem if one of the ids
    is wrong then it gives the error and none of the mailos are fired even
    to the users whose address is correct.

    What can be the problem

    newbie, Mar 3, 2004