Is it possible that OLEDB connection is not available on a PC?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Blackberry, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. Blackberry

    Blackberry Guest

    Hi All

    I was trying to setup IIS, ASP and MSDE 2000 Rel A on a machine yesterday
    and my usual SQL server OLEDB dsn-less connection string would not work on
    this machine.

    I know it's down to this, as I used a tool called QTADO to setup dummy data
    in the db and I had to use an ODBC dsn-less connection to connect to the db.
    I couldn't use the program's default OLE DB method.

    The machine was WinXP Pro SP2 (might have been SP1), but I thought the OLE
    DB thingy came as standard on this OS.

    I didn't have chance to try the standard SQL ODBC connection string, will do
    this on Wed, but I'm sure it will work. Any ideas why the OLE DB wouldn't?
    Just kept getting General Network error on Connection (read).

    Thanks

    Blackberry, Sep 22, 2007