Is making prices available a good selling point.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by laptopia@gmail.com, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I've been a freelancer for about 3 years now, and finally I started to
    get enough business to start thinking about turning it into a company.

    I've never been able to give a client a price quote without
    understanding fully what they want, but I see a lot of design studios
    offering prices for:

    - site maintenance hourly rates
    - 1 to 5 page website
    - 5 to 10 page website

    If I still have your attention, could I have some input whether my
    site is a good selling tool, or does it only display my work?

    Is there something I need to have in order to generate sales? Ex:
    competitive price chart?

    I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
    otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

    Cheer,
    Igor Terzic
    Creative Director
    http://www.stikimedia.com
    , Aug 21, 2007

  2. While the city slept, () feverishly
    typed...

    [...]
    > I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
    > otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

    I'd lose the "Under Construction" bit if I were you - doesn't look good for
    a web design company! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    Mail address will bounce. | Take the DOG. out!
    nice.guy.nige, Aug 21, 2007

  3. While the city slept, () feverishly
    typed...

    [...]
    > I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
    > otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

    On a more serious note, I would add links to the websites you have done,
    rather than just screengrabs. It's much nicer to be able to prod and poke
    the sites a developer has produced to get an idea of what they can produce.

    It's a nice looking site. I don't like the gap between the first and second
    rows of buttons though - it looks like there is meant to be something there
    but it isn't. You have a typo or two on there too... For example, on Igor's
    biog "When he is on the computer, the rest of the world siezes to exist."
    should be "ceases to exist".

    Cheers,
    Nige

    nice.guy.nige, Aug 21, 2007
  4. El Kabong Guest

    "nice.guy.nige" <> wrote in message
    > While the city slept, () feverishly
    > typed...
    >
    > [...]
    >> I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
    >> otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

    > On a more serious note, I would add links to the websites you have done,
    > rather than just screengrabs. It's much nicer to be able to prod and poke
    > the sites a developer has produced to get an idea of what they can
    > produce.
    >
    > It's a nice looking site. I don't like the gap between the first and
    > second
    > rows of buttons though - it looks like there is meant to be something
    > there
    > but it isn't. You have a typo or two on there too... For example, on
    > Igor's
    > biog "When he is on the computer, the rest of the world siezes to exist."
    > should be "ceases to exist".

    Good advice, Nige. I usually have my family proofread for me.

    Try Googling, "Web Designer Business plan". Lots of _interesting_
    suggestions... not all worthy, but interesting.

    El
    El Kabong, Aug 22, 2007
  5. Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > I've been a freelancer for about 3 years now, and finally I started to
    > get enough business to start thinking about turning it into a company.
    >
    > I've never been able to give a client a price quote without
    > understanding fully what they want, but I see a lot of design studios
    > offering prices for:
    >
    > - site maintenance hourly rates
    > - 1 to 5 page website
    > - 5 to 10 page website
    >
    > If I still have your attention, could I have some input whether my
    > site is a good selling tool, or does it only display my work?
    >
    > Is there something I need to have in order to generate sales? Ex:
    > competitive price chart?
    >
    > I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
    > otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.
    >
    > Cheer,
    > Igor Terzic
    > Creative Director
    > http://www.stikimedia.com

    The first thing that strikes me as something to do better is:

    "First impression is important, and we help you make it a smart one."

    This seems an important message yet the contrast between text and
    background makes it easy for the eye to glide right over.

    I'd also lose the four big squares to the right that scroll off the
    page. I think you'd be better off with an initial page that has a
    chance to fit on one screen. Perhaps I'd move those those buttons under
    the left nav buttons and put a compelling text message in their place.

    Overall the visuals are attractive. If I were still buying such
    services I'd certainly consider investigating the company further.

    Sakatoon, eh? After about a month of 100 degree temps here in Hotlanta
    I said to my wife: "Two words: Toronto. February." (We recently
    spent about a year and a half in TO.) And she said: "Gee, doesn't feel
    so hot anymore!" ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net