Is making prices available a good selling point.

laptopia

I've been a freelancer for about 3 years now, and finally I started to
get enough business to start thinking about turning it into a company.

I've never been able to give a client a price quote without
understanding fully what they want, but I see a lot of design studios
offering prices for:

- site maintenance hourly rates
- 1 to 5 page website
- 5 to 10 page website

If I still have your attention, could I have some input whether my
site is a good selling tool, or does it only display my work?

Is there something I need to have in order to generate sales? Ex:
competitive price chart?

I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

Cheer,
Igor Terzic
Creative Director
http://www.stikimedia.com

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, (e-mail address removed) ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...

[...]
I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

I'd lose the "Under Construction" bit if I were you - doesn't look good for
a web design company! ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, (e-mail address removed) ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...

[...]
I want to be able to land new clients and relationships using my site,
otherwise it doesn't serve its purpose.

On a more serious note, I would add links to the websites you have done,
rather than just screengrabs. It's much nicer to be able to prod and poke
the sites a developer has produced to get an idea of what they can produce.

It's a nice looking site. I don't like the gap between the first and second
rows of buttons though - it looks like there is meant to be something there
but it isn't. You have a typo or two on there too... For example, on Igor's
biog "When he is on the computer, the rest of the world siezes to exist."
should be "ceases to exist".

Cheers,
Nige

El Kabong

nice.guy.nige said:
[...]

Good advice, Nige. I usually have my family proofread for me.

Try Googling, "Web Designer Business plan". Lots of _interesting_
suggestions... not all worthy, but interesting.

El

Ed Mullen

[...]

The first thing that strikes me as something to do better is:

"First impression is important, and we help you make it a smart one."

This seems an important message yet the contrast between text and
background makes it easy for the eye to glide right over.

I'd also lose the four big squares to the right that scroll off the
page. I think you'd be better off with an initial page that has a
chance to fit on one screen. Perhaps I'd move those those buttons under
the left nav buttons and put a compelling text message in their place.

Overall the visuals are attractive. If I were still buying such
services I'd certainly consider investigating the company further.

Sakatoon, eh? After about a month of 100 degree temps here in Hotlanta
I said to my wife: "Two words: Toronto. February." (We recently
spent about a year and a half in TO.) And she said: "Gee, doesn't feel
so hot anymore!" ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net