Is this a vwd limitation?

Jeff

Hey

I don't see any "Publish Web Site" menu item in the "Build" menu in Visual
Web Developer 2005 Express.

I read in the msdn that came with vwd that I could publish a website using
this menu item, but I don't see it...

Any ideas about this?

Jeff

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Yes. Instead, there's Web Site > Copy Web Site. It's quite convenient.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Juan T. Llibre

Jeff could also opt to precompile his application.

It would have to be done manually, using the command-line aspnet_compiler
(available in the .NET SDK) since there's no IDE support for it in VWD,
or using Rick Strahl's fabulous, and free, front-end UI to the aspnet_compiler :

http://www.west-wind.com/tools/aspnetcompiler.asp

It'll be quite simple to upload the compiled output to the server.