ISE problem - multiplier inputs on schematic are not assigned correctly.

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by AndyAtHome, May 23, 2004.

  1. AndyAtHome

    AndyAtHome Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using Xilinx ISE 6.2.02 Base-X.

    If I synthesize example 1, and view the schematic, the inputs to the
    multiplier are not assigned by name to the input signals, it just
    shows A<L:R> and B<L:R>.

    However Modelsim says the circuit works, so hey I'm guessing the
    inputs to the multiplier are actually assigned (to J and ROWLEN
    signals)

    However if I add an addition operator (as in example 2), and view the
    schematic, the multiplier inputs are now shown assigned correctly.

    Is this a bug? Wisdom and advice appreciated...

    Andy.

    EXAMPLE 1
    ---------

    entity PIPE_ACU is
    port(
    CLK : in STD_LOGIC;
    CE: in STD_LOGIC;
    ROWLEN: in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 downto 0);
    --I: in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 downto 0);
    J: in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 downto 0);
    ADDR: out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(15 downto 0)
    );
    end PIPE_ACU;

    architecture Behavioral of PIPE_ACU is

    begin

    C1: process (CLK) is
    begin
    if CLK'event and CLK = '1' then
    if CE = '1' then

    --ADDR <= (J * ROWLEN) + I;
    ADDR <= J * ROWLEN;

    end if;
    end if;

    end process;

    end Behavioral;

    EXAMPLE 2
    ---------

    AndyAtHome, May 23, 2004

  2. AndyAtHome

    AndyAtHome Guest

    I opened a case with Xilinx... it's a bug in ECS in ISE 6.2.

    Andy.

    AndyAtHome, May 25, 2004