J2EE help needed

Win2003InstallIssues

hello all,

I am an intermediate level java programmer, programmed mainly in Core
Java on unix platform.
A new project has come up and my boss wants me to get ready with J2EE
ASAP.
I have never programmed or dealt with j2ee programming. I have 3-tier
app dev experience in .NET. So looking for some tutorials that can give
me good idea of how to start off. I saw the J2ee tutorial at
java.sun.com and its comprehensive but very very long. would like to
know if there is more concise tutorial out there.
I mainly need
1.the basic concepts of j2ee
2.how to create a basic 3-tier app using j2ee.

Thanks a lot
Ravi

Tjerk Wolterink

Win2003InstallIssues said:
hello all,

I am an intermediate level java programmer, programmed mainly in Core
Java on unix platform.
A new project has come up and my boss wants me to get ready with J2EE
ASAP.
I have never programmed or dealt with j2ee programming. I have 3-tier
app dev experience in .NET. So looking for some tutorials that can give
me good idea of how to start off. I saw the J2ee tutorial at
java.sun.com and its comprehensive but very very long. would like to

Learing J2ee implies the reading of a big book.
J2ee is huge, cant be learned in a simple tutorial.

Maybe you are reffering to servlet programming? That is really easy.
Just google it

Win2003InstallIssues

Tjerk Wolterink,

thanks. i realized that a few hours after posting this and started
reading that big book in right earnest.

Ravi