Jack's Formmail 5

KiwiBrian

Has anyone any experience of modifying/controlling the output of this script
to provide a more elegant acknowledgement message to the sender?
Or possibly can explain if it has builtin facilities, and if so how to
implement them.
Or alternatively can point me to a page implementing such a result.

TIA
Brian Tozer

Robert Frost-Bridges

Has anyone any experience of modifying/controlling the output of this script
to provide a more elegant acknowledgement message to the sender?

[snip]
I downloaded v50 and had a quick look, you should be fine to alter the
script yourself.

Open the script in your favourite text editor. (You may find that one that
does syntax highlighting of php easier to read).

Look for the lines that begin with 'echo', the text in quotes that
follows are the output messages.

There is one right near the bottom that says:

echo "Thank you for your submission\n";

change this to:

echo "My more elegant acknowledgement message to the sender\n";

KiwiBrian

Robert Frost-Bridges said:
Has anyone any experience of modifying/controlling the output of this script
to provide a more elegant acknowledgement message to the sender?

[snip]
I downloaded v50 and had a quick look, you should be fine to alter the
script yourself.

Open the script in your favourite text editor. (You may find that one that
does syntax highlighting of php easier to read).

Look for the lines that begin with 'echo', the text in quotes that
follows are the output messages.

There is one right near the bottom that says:

echo "Thank you for your submission\n";

change this to:

echo "My more elegant acknowledgement message to the sender\n";

Thanks Robert, but I had in mind that the text would apear centered
horizontally on a page, with CSS being used to format the display.
I can handle the HTML and CSS creation part, but am unclear concerning how
to modify the PHP script to send it.
What is the significance to the trailing \n?

Brian Tozer

Robert Frost-Bridges

Thanks Robert, but I had in mind that the text would apear centered
horizontally on a page, with CSS being used to format the display.
I can handle the HTML and CSS creation part, but am unclear concerning how
to modify the PHP script to send it.
What is the significance to the trailing \n?

The \n signifies new line.

In your form code you should see something like :

<input type="hidden" name="redirect"
value="http://foo.domain/thankyou.html">

Create your own thankyou page and simply substitute it into the above.

<input type=hidden name="redirect"
value="http://my.domain/my_own_thankyou_page.html">