    --
    stephane
    retirez les lettres majuscules et le 666 de l'adresse pour l'utiliser.
    steph, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Not yet. Will be supported in the next version (3.1). Beta version of 3.1 is
    available. see http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index.php

    Xavier Tarrago, Oct 21, 2004

  3. carlo dainese, Oct 21, 2004
  4. steph

    Jim McMaster Guest

    At 10/21/2004 1:38:04 AM, steph wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > What is the best way to use Eclipse for Java5 programming (code
    > editor and syntaxe highlighting, compilation) ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You have to use one of the 3.1 Milestone releases. There was a
    "Cheetah" extension you could download for 3.0, but they stopped
    developing that when they rolled the Java5 code into the main branch
    for 3.1.

    Be aware, the Java5 support is not finished, and is not scheduled to be
    until next spring. The last posting I saw on the bug report says the
    compiler now handles all the new features, but the JDT runtime does
    not. If you want to read the latest status, look at
    http://www.eclipse.org, and find bug report 36938 [plan item] Add early
    support for J2SE 1.5 features.

    The latest estimates from that bug report are:

    Current estimates (still draft) for full JDT/Core support (i.e.
    compiler,
    search, codeassist, codeselect, formatting, model, dom ast).
    M3(nov05) - generics
    M4(dec17) - autoboxing, static imports
    M5(feb18) - varargs, enums
    M6(apr01) - annotations

    Note the compiler will always be ahead of the rest of the tooling, so
    it will
    be fully 1.5 enabled way before all tools have been leveraged (we
    expect at
    beginning of 2005).

    --
    Jim McMaster