java financial library

sp

Hi:
Is there a publicly avalaible Java financial library which can do
things like calculating interests ..simple, compound and other common
financial calculations.

tia

splash

Christophe Vanfleteren

sp said:
Hi:
Is there a publicly avalaible Java financial library which can do
things like calculating interests ..simple, compound and other common
financial calculations.

tia

splash

Please don't multi-post. It is quite annoying.

Btw, googling for the magic words java financial library
brings up a few results. Have you looked at any of them?

sp

sorry for the noise ..due to cross-posting.

I did have a look at the result shown by google.
Most of these libraries are of forms : courrency conversion ,retriving
stock information and parsing a mathematical formula and calculating
it's value

I am basically looking for a library which would allow me to do
complex interest calculation.

tia

sp

Eric Sosman

sp said:
sorry for the noise ..due to cross-posting.

You're learning to avoid cross-posting: that's good.
The next thing to start avoiding is top-posting ...
I did have a look at the result shown by google.
Most of these libraries are of forms : courrency conversion ,retriving
stock information and parsing a mathematical formula and calculating
it's value

I am basically looking for a library which would allow me to do
complex interest calculation.

What are the "complex" calculations you want to perform?
Many financial calculations turn out to be quite simple, and
the reason you've been unable to find pre-written classes for
them may simply be that they're too elementary to justify that
much machinery. So: What's the goal, specifically?