    We're thinking of using it in a new streaming project and I want to make
    sure we're not trying to ride a dead horse. In our tests it works quite
    good, performance is good and it does exactly what we need it to do.
    m, May 17, 2004

  2. m

    perry Guest

    take my advice, us "as-is"...

    JMF was designed with alot of forethought in mind, they tried to
    abstract and classify basic and advance audio/video applications. and
    they tried to separate the many many details of the various protocols
    from being repeated by end developers.

    nevertheless, look for an example on everything that you try to do with
    it. it has some bells and whistles true, but don't get caught up with
    all the lingo otherwise you'll spend too much time trying to reinvent
    the wheel.

    also check out Quicktime for Java

    - perry

    perry, May 17, 2004