Java program hang,how to do problem determination

Discussion in 'Java' started by Victor Zhang, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Victor Zhang

    Victor Zhang Guest

    Hello,
    Here is the message I posted on ibm-main,and I need to crosspost here:
    (begin quoting messages)
    I donwloaded latest IBM softcopy reader 3.2,and when I
    click "Book Reader" icon,command is:
    "C:\Program Files\IBM\SCR\sys\hlcb.exe" "-d"
    "C:\Program Files\IBM\SCR\sys"
    A window containing a status indicator bar
    appearred,but no progress,always shows 0%,the process
    "hlcb" has no CPU usage nor no I/O,the application
    does nothing, I don't know what's wrong.
    But if I click a book icon,the reader window can
    sometimes show normally or just hang their like
    previous one.I know this version of reader requires no
    JRE,but I still installed latest 1.4.2 JRE from
    sun,the same result.
    Please help me.
    OS version: WINDOWS XP professional,simplified Chinese
    IBM softcopy reader v3.2

    (end quoting messages)
    Is there a method to determine why softcopy reader is waiting? As
    reported by other people, softcopy can run under their operating
    system without any problem.

    Regards
    Victor

    Victor Zhang, Feb 6, 2004