Java Programmers FAQ Link broken?

Thomas Weidenfeller

John said:
Anyone know why?

The link is broken for quite a while now. Peter has most likely lost
interest in maintaining it, or Sun no longer wants to provide the space
to host it.

Roedy Green is in contact with Peter regarding some other issues. Maybe
Roedy can ask him what is going on (I know, I suggested that before).

/Thomas

Chris Smith

Andrew said:

Just a suggestion... when posting a link to an article on Google, you
should select "View this article only" from the thread view, and then
remove attributes other than "selm". The resulting URL in this case is:

Much easier to manage, IMHO (with an unusually honest H).

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Roedy Green

Roedy Green is in contact with Peter regarding some other issues. Maybe
Roedy can ask him what is going on (I know, I suggested that before).

His book Just Java is due out in a week in time for JavaOne. He has
not responded to my inquiries about the FAQ.

The book should be great. I gave Peter hundreds of suggestions to
improve it, and he says he is implementing nearly all of them.

I gather the book pretty is much the same as his old one with new
chapters on enum and generics where I pounded him to make sure it was
accessible to the beginner.

It is works by simple examples, gradually adding complexities. It
does not cover everything, but certainly enough to get you well
started.

At least *I* understood it.