    any workaround ???
    regards
    patrick
    root, Jul 9, 2007

  2. root wrote:
    >I have an annoying clicking noise whenever I start to play some short
    >wave file under linux & jdk 1.6

    Use either long wavs, Windows, or 1.5?

    >any workaround ???

    The first two are slightly tongue in cheek, but the last
    is quite doable assuming that it is a '1.6' problem.

    Searched the bug database? Have you tested *this*
    wav with same code under different OS/Java version
    and confimred that *any* Java based sound can play it
    as you expect? Is the wav file corrupted?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Jul 9, 2007

  3. root

    root Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > root wrote:
    >> I have an annoying clicking noise whenever I start to play some short
    >> wave file under linux & jdk 1.6

    > Use either long wavs, Windows, or 1.5?
    >
    >> any workaround ???

    > The first two are slightly tongue in cheek, but the last
    > is quite doable assuming that it is a '1.6' problem.
    >
    > Searched the bug database? Have you tested *this*
    > wav with same code under different OS/Java version
    > and confimred that *any* Java based sound can play it
    > as you expect? Is the wav file corrupted?

    I have tried with many sound files found on the web

    http://www.thejapanesepage.com/
    http://simplythebest.net/sounds
    etc.
    I am not using windows systems
    only linux ... ;o)
    I have converted the files to 16 bits and/or to 44100
    still have the same clicking problem
    there seems to be a bug in 1.4
    thought it would be solved in 1.6 .... lol
    maybe I should switch to mp3 ???
    patrick
    root, Jul 9, 2007
  4. root wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >> root wrote:
    >>> I have an annoying clicking noise whenever I start to play some short
    >>> wave file under linux & jdk 1.6

    >> Use either long wavs, Windows, or 1.5?
    >>
    >>> any workaround ???

    >> The first two are slightly tongue in cheek, but the last
    >> is quite doable assuming that it is a '1.6' problem.
    >>
    >> Searched the bug database? Have you tested *this*
    >> wav with same code under different OS/Java version and confimred that
    >> *any* Java based sound can play it
    >> as you expect? Is the wav file corrupted?
    >>

    > I have tried with many sound files found on the web
    >
    > http://www.thejapanesepage.com/
    > http://simplythebest.net/sounds
    > etc.
    > I am not using windows systems
    > only linux ... ;o)
    > I have converted the files to 16 bits and/or to 44100
    > still have the same clicking problem
    > there seems to be a bug in 1.4
    > thought it would be solved in 1.6 .... lol
    > maybe I should switch to mp3 ???
    > patrick

    Have you drained the SourceDataLine? How about posting a simple program
    that demonstrates your problem?

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/