Java Test Tool

Maal Dapany

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find my team a Java unit test tool and thought this
would be the best place to start. If you have any recommendations,
with respective pros and cons, please let me know. We are looking for
something which is NOT open source and plays well with NetBeans.

Thanks,

Maal

Maal

!

Do explain.

tom

Oh I would say a well-tested tool that can be purchased along with
phone/consultant support from some company. But I am also open to
hearing about experice with any Java unit test tool.

Lord Zoltar

Oh I would say a well-tested tool that can be purchased along with
phone/consultant support from some company.  But I am also open to
hearing about experice with any Java unit test tool.

I have experience with JTest from Parasoft. The unit test part is
based on JUnit, which I've used separate from JTest (and without phone/
consultant support - and successfully too!).
JTest's a decent tool, but I have no idea if it works with NetBeans,
we use Eclipse-based tools. You'd have to check with them for
details...
I think JUnit integrates with NetBeans, but I have never done it.

Arved Sandstrom

Lord said:
I have experience with JTest from Parasoft. The unit test part is
based on JUnit, which I've used separate from JTest (and without phone/
consultant support - and successfully too!).
JTest's a decent tool, but I have no idea if it works with NetBeans,
we use Eclipse-based tools. You'd have to check with them for
details...
I think JUnit integrates with NetBeans, but I have never done it.

JUnit works very well with NetBeans.

AHS