    be command line only?
    Thanks
    T.
    tom, Jul 21, 2005

  2. tom wrote:

    > Hi
    > I want to use Java Web Start for a non gui client. The client will have
    > no windowing so it has to be console only. Has anyone been successful
    > in using JWS in non-gui environments? if not, can you recommend another
    > type of an autoupdate runtime environment that requires no GUI but can
    > be command line only?
    > Thanks
    > T.

    I have never tried that, but as far as I know Sun's JavaWebStart
    requires a GUI environment.
    So I think you'll have to look for an alternative JNLP implementation.
    Look through <http://www.google.de/search?q=JNLP+%2Bimplementation>.
    Promising candidates might be
    "Jsh" <http://gerard.collin3.free.fr/documentation.html> and/or
    "Java URL" <http://www.amherst.edu/~tliron/javaurl/>.

    --
    "Thomas:Fritsch$ops:de".replace(':','.').replace('$','@')
    Thomas Fritsch, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Thomas Fritsch wrote:
    > So I think you'll have to look for an alternative JNLP implementation.
    > Look through <http://www.google.de/search?q=JNLP+%2Bimplementation>.
    > Promising candidates might be
    > "Jsh" <http://gerard.collin3.free.fr/documentation.html> and/or
    > "Java URL" <http://www.amherst.edu/~tliron/javaurl/>.