Java Web Start update

Kirill

Hi,

I'm using Java Web Start with my application. At the machine is
installed Java 1.6 u1. Setup first version of application. After
deploy second version of application and run application, start
update, but console show that application use old jars. At the same
time main package is uploaded? I'd try to use <update check="always"?>
but there are no positive result.

At the same time then installed Java 1.6 u2, all works fine.

Any suggestion, how it could be resolved, without Java 1.6 u2
installation?

Thanks, Kirill

Roedy Green

I'm using Java Web Start with my application. At the machine is
installed Java 1.6 u1. Setup first version of application. After
deploy second version of application and run application, start
update, but console show that application use old jars. At the same
time main package is uploaded? I'd try to use <update check="always"?>
but there are no positive result.

At the same time then installed Java 1.6 u2, all works fine.

Any suggestion, how it could be resolved, without Java 1.6 u2
installation?

I have never seen anything happen with that auto update. I think you
always have to manually update to the next level. Presumably that is
intended only for new builds or emergency bug fixes.

Andrew Thompson

Kirill wrote:
At the same time then installed Java 1.6 u2, all works fine.

Any suggestion, how it could be resolved, without Java 1.6 u2
installation?

<dws>
And now.. Watch as I pull a rabbit out of the hat,
using an INVISIBLE HAT!
</dws>

No. If it works in 6u2, specify 6u2 in the
j2se/java element.
<http://www.physci.org/jws/version.html>