    application requesting unrestricted access to system". Can I solve this
    problem ?

    Thanks you.

    Ferman, Aug 12, 2003

  2. "Ferman" <> wrote in message
    news:bhajvg$vt0i4$-berlin.de...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to run a jnlp file. But it gives me an error like this "Unsigned
    > application requesting unrestricted access to system". Can I solve this
    > problem ?

    You either need to make a 'self signed certificate'
    which is complicated, but free, or you can purchase
    a signed certificate for (what seemed at the time to be)
    an exorbitant fee from VeriSign or similar..

    You might start here..
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jar/sign/signing.html

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.lensescapes.com/

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Ferman

    Ferman Guest

    I prepare that jar file with keytool and jarsigner. But I don't install it
    my machine by Java Web Start. I gives this error. I think the security
    setting of my internet explorer in the machine is wrong, but I didn't find
    the wrong parameters of my ie.

    Ferman, Aug 12, 2003
  4. "Ferman" <> wrote in message
    > I prepare that jar file with keytool and jarsigner. But I don't install it
    > my machine by Java Web Start. I gives this error.

    Wait, now I read that more closely
    ....."Unsigned application requesting unrestricted access to system".

    Your talking about a dialog like shown here, right?
    http://physci.org/install/security.htm

    That is not actually an error, as the dialog says on the
    top left, it is a security _warning_. If you click yes,
    (or more important, convince your users to click yes)
    the Java jar should begin to install.

    You can see the whole process happening if you try
    mine, available here.
    http://physci.org/install/download.htm
    [ ..assuming you trust _me_ ;-) ]

    > I think the security
    > setting of my internet explorer in the machine is wrong, but I didn't find
    > the wrong parameters of my ie.

    No. If I now understand you correctly, the
    'security settings' of the browser are not
    relevant, they do _not_ need to be adjusted.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.lensescapes.com/

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Ferman

    Ferman Guest

    My browser doesn't give any security warning dialog box. It give a dialog
    box with "Java Web Start - Security Error" title, and this dialog box has
    "OK" and "Details" button. My browser is ie.

    Ferman, Aug 12, 2003
  6. [ top posting corrected ]
    "Ferman" <> wrote in message
    > "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > > "Ferman" <> wrote in message
    > > > I prepare that jar file with keytool and jarsigner. But I don't

    install
    > it
    > > > my machine by Java Web Start. I gives this error.

    > > Wait, now I read that more closely
    > > ...."Unsigned application requesting unrestricted access to system".
    > >
    > > Your talking about a dialog like shown here, right?
    > > http://physci.org/install/security.htm

    > My browser doesn't give any security warning dialog box. It give a dialog
    > box with "Java Web Start - Security Error" title, and this dialog box has
    > "OK" and "Details" button. My browser is ie.

    [[[ _Please_ do not top-post Ferman. It makes a
    conversation much harder for me to understand. ]]]

    OK. That sounds like your Dialog must have different
    words below both
    "Java Web Start - Security Error"
    and
    "Unsigned application requesting unrestricted access to system"

    Where is your URL? This could work much
    faster if I (and others) can see it for themselves.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.lensescapes.com/

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 12, 2003
  7. Ferman

    Ferman Guest

    Thanks Andrew.

    I think my browser has some wrong parameter, because of this my ie gives me
    this error dialog box. URL of my program places in my machine in our company
    intranet under the firewall.

    I run my program another machine but I don't run it on my machine. Because I
    sign the jar file, I take the error dialog box. Also my ie has some wrong
    parameter. But I don't find this parameter of internet explorer 6.0.

    Do you know what parameters of internet explorer 6.0 I should change ?

    Again thanks.

    Ferman

    Ferman, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Ferman

    Roedy Green Guest

    sign the jar. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signedapplets.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Aug 12, 2003
  9. Ferman

    Dale King Guest

    > "Ferman" <> wrote in message
    > > I prepare that jar file with keytool and jarsigner. But I don't install

    it
    > > my machine by Java Web Start. I gives this error.

    > Wait, now I read that more closely
    > ...."Unsigned application requesting unrestricted access to system".
    >
    > Your talking about a dialog like shown here, right?
    > http://physci.org/install/security.htm
    >
    > That is not actually an error, as the dialog says on the
    > top left, it is a security _warning_. If you click yes,
    > (or more important, convince your users to click yes)
    > the Java jar should begin to install.

    No, you are thinking of a different dialog. In this case the message
    indicates that the jar file is not signed. Webstart will not let you run a
    program outside of the sandbox that is not signed. Even if you were to trust
    the person publishing the program, someone else could have modified the
    program without the publisher of the program being aware of it. If it is not
    signed there is no way to detect that the program was modified. Letting such
    a program run with full permissions would be a big security risk.

    --
    Dale King

    Dale King, Aug 12, 2003
  10. Ferman

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Ferman <> wrote:

    : I prepare that jar file with keytool and jarsigner. But I don't install it
    : my machine by Java Web Start. I gives this error. I think the security
    : setting of my internet explorer in the machine is wrong, but I didn't find
    : the wrong parameters of my ie.

    Which JVM is it using?

    The MS JVM pays no attention to Sun's certificates.
    --

    Tim Tyler, Aug 14, 2003