jwsdp-1.3 installation problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by jacob nikom, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. jacob nikom

    jacob nikom Guest

    Hi,

    I downloaded and tried to install Java Web Services
    Developer Pack 1.3 (jwsdp-1.3) on RedHat Linux 7.2
    with JDK 1.5.0 according to the installation instructions.

    However, every time I have got an error:

    "An error occurred and product installation failed.
    Look at the log file /home/nikom/jwsdp-1.3/log.txt
    for details."

    The log was not very helpful - NullPointerException:

    (Feb 13, 2004 8:02:33 PM), Install.product.install,
    com.installshield.wizard.swing.SwingWizardUI, err,
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    STACK_TRACE: 15
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.awt.X11.XComponentPeer.addTree(XComponentPeer.java:1400)
    at sun.awt.X11.XComponentPeer.addTree(XComponentPeer.java:1410)
    at sun.awt.X11.XComponentPeer.restack(XComponentPeer.java:1359)
    at java.awt.Component.addNotify(Component.java:5871)
    at java.awt.Canvas.addNotify(Canvas.java:75)
    at java.awt.Container.addNotify(Container.java:2493)
    at java.awt.Panel.addNotify(Panel.java:71)
    at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Container.java:1050)
    at java.awt.Container.add(Container.java:897)
    at com.installshield.wizard.awt.AWTWizardUI.setCurrent(AWTWizardUI.java:1824)
    at com.installshield.wizard.awt.AWTWizardUI.currentBeanChanged(AWTWizardUI.java:1665)
    at com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.currentBeanChanged(StandardWizardListener.java:100)
    at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wizard.java:1545)
    (Feb 13, 2004 8:03:05 PM), Install.product.install,
    com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction, err, An error
    occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file
    /home/nikom/jwsdp-1.3/log.txt for details.
    (Feb 13, 2004 8:03:05 PM), Install.product.install,
    com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction, err,
    ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Cannot determine
    location of the Java installation directory")
    STACK_TRACE: 13
    ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Cannot determine
    location of the Java installation directory")
    at com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction.install(SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction.java:180)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
    at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(LinuxProductServiceImpl.java:552)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5149)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4532)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3727)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:40)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

    (Feb 13, 2004 8:03:07 PM), Install.product.install,
    com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl, wrn, Parent
    Component with UID = a8182b517735a528d4f8baa8438a8985 of installed
    Component with displayName = JAXP Version 1.2.4 (Java API for XML
    Processing) was not found in the VPD.

    However, the message I saw was more helpful:
    error code = 601; message="Cannot determine location of the Java
    installation directory"

    How I can supply this location to the package?

    I have environment variable JAVA_HOME which points to that location.
    What else should I do to install the jwsdp-1.3?

    Thank you,

    Jacob Nikom
    jacob nikom, Feb 14, 2004