KB 821268 Apply to .NET Remoting?

mcollier

I have an ASP.NET application which uses .NET Remoting to communicate
with business object on the application server. In our production
environment, we are experiencing the symptoms listed in KB article
821268 (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821268). Even though this
article mentions Web services, could it also apply to .NET Remoting?
My assumption is that web services and .NET Remoting share some similar
features/characteristics that could be causing my problem. I am
running II6.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Beth Massi [Architect MVP]

It would apply on the application server if you were hosting the remoted
components in an IIS virtual directory. The aspnet worker process is used to
serve the requests in this case.

HTH,
-B

mcollier

Thank you for confirming this. I had assumed that it would apply, but
just wanted to double check.

Thanks!!