Latest PIL installer failed to install.

PhilC

Hi Folks,

I was trying to install the latest PIL from http://effbot.org and
sucessfully did the register thing but when it came to the installer
it just quit when I hit the final "next".

Python 2.2 with PIL installer 2.2

Not sure where to go from there.

Thanks all,

PhilC

PhilC

I get the same trying to install Scientific Python.

The top of the registerPython script is as below.
What do I need to change under "# tweak as necessary" ?

Thanks,

PhilC

#
# script to register Python 2.0 or later for use with win32all
# and other extensions that require Python registry settings
#
# written by Joakim Löw for Secret Labs AB / PythonWare
#
# source:
# http://www.pythonware.com/products/works/articles/regpy20.htm

import sys

from _winreg import *

# tweak as necessary
version = sys.version[:2]
installpath = sys.prefix

regpath = "SOFTWARE\\Python\\Pythoncore\\%s\\" % (version)
installkey = "InstallPath"
pythonkey = "PythonPath"
pythonpath = "%s;%sLib\\;%sDLLs\\" % (
installpath, installpath, installpath